I'm a stand-up comic who's been on Comedy Central, Last Comic Standing and the Tonight Show. I've toured almost 300 colleges and I was recently named one of LA Weekly's "Top 10 Comedy Acts to Watch" and one of Funny or Die's "30 Comedians to Watch Under 30."
Some advertising slogans sound like they were written by someone eavesdropping on a prom night.
1. “I ate the bones!” -KFC
2. “Is it in you?” -Gatorade
3. “Taste the Rainbow” - Skittles
4. “You got chocolate in my peanut butter” - Reese’s
5. “Our most important package is yours” -UPS
6. “Just do it” - Nike
7. “Where’s the beef?” - Wendy’s
8. “Reach out and touch someone” -Bell Systems
9. “Melts in your mouth, not in your hands” -M&Ms
10. “Can I come inside of you?” -Pepsi
A lot of comedians ask me how to get into the college game, so I’m going to make it nice and easy.
The easiest way to get into the college game is by showcasing at a conference called NACA (National Association of Campus Activities). There are 6 regional showcases (Mid-America, South, Central, Northern Plains, Northeast and Mid-Atlantic) and then one national showcase every year. Basically you have to be selected (based on your 3-5 min video) to the showcase. Then you perform with a bunch of other entertainers (musicians, lecturers, magicians, etc). The audience is composed of all the various college activities boards of colleges in that region. So they decide who they like and book you to come to campus. Just being selected to perform on a NACA is very difficult. And submitting cost money.